Apple has a new feature called “location data” that tracks your every move. This can be quite helpful, but it can also be intrusive and make you feel like you’re always being watched. Here’s how to remove this data from your iPhone or iPad.
This article will show you how to remove location data from photos on an iPhone, iPad or Mac.
It’s useful to know more about the photo you’re shooting on your phone rather than simply looking at it. Your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer will be flooded with memories. However, knowing where and when you took the photo, as well as other information about it, will give additional value to the picture that is worth sharing. You have that nostalgic sensation after taking the photo for a few days, weeks, months, or years.
The EXIF data in the Apple Photos app on your iOS or macOS device collects additional information about your photos. You’ll be able to see the time and date, as well as the GPS location where the picture was taken.
Other characteristics included in the EXIF data include the file size, lens type, shutter speed, focal length, and other metadata. If you’re interested in the technical aspects of your iOS device or camera, the EXIF data may help you organize your photos.
To find the EXIF data on your Photos app, go to your picture library and view the image. The EXIF data may be found by selecting the info button or the letter I symbol. While many individuals find it helpful, not everyone likes knowing where their pictures were taken, particularly if they wish to share and publish them online.
TODAY’S DEALS: Check out Amazon and Walmart’s limited-time deals on the newest iPhone models!
How to Delete or Remove GPS Location Data from Photos on Your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
When it comes to posting pictures and videos on social media sites, most individuals prioritize privacy. It’s not always a good idea to show off where you shot your picture. You may conceal or delete the geolocation of your photos in the Photos app on an iOS or macOS device if you don’t want it there. When you need to, you may simply reverse the location information.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, open the Photos app.
- To open the picture you want to edit, look for it and touch it.
- Select the letter I symbol or the info button.
- The details about your picture will then appear.
- Look for your photo’s location on a map.
- On an iPhone running iOS 15 or later, touch the Adjust button underneath it. For Mac users, go to Image settings from the menu bar, then Location, then choose Hide or Remove Location from the drop-down menu.
- Choose No Location.
Windows Dispatch is the source of this image.
On an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, how do you remove geolocation information from photos?
You may always use the same software on your Apple device to reverse the location information on your pictures if you wish to.
- On your Photos app, go to the photo you wish to alter.
- To get more information, tap the info button or the letter I symbol.
- Select Add a place to your map.
- Tap Revert in the upper right corner. Select the Image tab from the menu bar, then Location, then Revert to Original Location for Mac users.
That concludes our discussion. You may use the technique described above to delete the location data from all of the pictures. You won’t be able to do everything in one sitting. However, you may do it one at a time on each of your photos.
In what circumstances would you want to remove the GPS location data from your photos? We’d want to hear about your experience. You may contact us by leaving a comment in the area below.
DON’T MISS: Amazon and Walmart have the best prices on the latest Mac computer models!
The remove location from photo windows is a tutorial that will show you how to remove the location data on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I take location data off my iPhone photos?
You can use the Photos app to delete photos from your iPhone.
How do I remove location data from photos?
You can remove location data from your photos by using the Erase Location option in your camera.
How do I remove metadata from photos on iPad?
To remove metadata from a photo on iPad, you can use the built-in tools that come with the iOS.
- iphone photo location data
- remove location from photo mac
- how to remove location data from photo
- how to manually add location on iphone photos
- remove location data from photo android